View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I was in a conversation circle yesterday at church. The minister had spoken about a church that had grown so small that they had come to a conscious vote to not meet formally on Sundays, but to go out into the community and volunteer at soup kitchens and shelters and the like.

One of the circle members said something about having a committee to decide what charity to work with. I thought how ridiculous that was. So, i piped up and said, if you want to work with a charity just go to it as individuals. We don't need a committee to decide this, just go to any of the area soup kitchens, shelters, and there is the Red Cross too, they always need help, especially in the food bank which is busy daily.

I helped with the Red Cross Thanksgiving food packages. Doing that was just a simple reminder of what anyone with food in the pantry at home; what a blessing it is to afford to go to the grocery store.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RLSmi (12-07-2009), violet green (12-07-2009)