View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 08:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I guess I am kind of in the middle of you all. I was born in '72 so I missed all the historically interesting times of the '60s. The first things I remember of historcal value are the bicentennial, the Iran Hostage Crisis and the Irish Hunger Strike. I just finished reading a book on the hunger strikers and am working on reading a book about the hostage crisis. I guess getting my bachelor's and master's in history makes me a little more aware of our country's recent past than most people my age (my husband for example). Even now, most people don't really pay attention to current events like they should AND how they are connected to the last 50 years of our participation in world events.
Kids today just are so self-involved. Then again weren't we at that age too? But nowadays I feel that there is to much PC in schools and they are afraid to talk to kids about world events. Then eventhough they are connected to the world in a way we never were with the internet, they still are not aware of the world at large. Then again, the news is so PC its hard to watch.
Its a shame. As the saying goes, those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II