View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
I miss those days. I miss that laughter, and the anticipation of the kids waiting to see if santa got that bike or that doll for them. The giggles and the smiles. I am at the in between stage. The kids are grown, but no babies of their own. They have committed partners, but are busy with careers and not worried about babies coming home yet.

Till then, I am just gonna try to enjoy the quiet time of reflection.

I'm at that stage, too, Dej. I truly miss the anticipation of the kids as Christmas got closer and closer. I tried to instill in them the true meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate. My youngest DS (when he was about 6) wanted to have a birthday party for Jesus one year.....and we did! It was fun. I was glad that he understood why we celebrate and not just the material and commercial aspect of it. Too many people just see the "what's in it for me" side of the holiday.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (12-08-2009), SallyC (12-07-2009)