View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need Help!!! Difficulty Talking and Slurred Speech

Hi,

I am a 52 year old female. Two and a half years ago (8/2007), I woke up one morning and my speech was extremely slurred. I was hospitalized and had a CT and MRI nothing was found. I was told to go see a psychiatrist.

Since then I have had several experiences where I awake from sleep and cannot talk. When I attempt to talk, I speak gibberish. After a while my speech begins to return but it is significantly slurred. Over time, it gradually returns to normal.

I have been hospitalized three times and all of the tests come back negative. I have been told that this is conversion disorder. I dont believe it because it keeps happening. It happened again on Saturday, Dec. 5, 2009.

This time I taped myself as it was happening. So I have proof of what I am experiencing.

After being pushed off by doctors, I am reluctant to even go to the hospital again.

But I know something is wrong and I need guidance. Can someone please contact me? I live in Homestead, Fl and really want to help myself before something terrible happens to me.

Thank you.
Mango is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote