View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 05:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

at work there is currently a young man of twenty one staying in the hostel. He arrived from hospital where he has spent nine weeks, after his fifth attempted suicide in two years,

Two years ago his father died of bowel cancer, and this young man gave up college to care for his terminally ill father for the remaining four months of his life.

After his fathers death he became clinically depressed, and a mixture of grief, guilt and absolute misery lead to the subsequent situations.

Sadly this young mans story is one, to frequent .....and two, so very familiar: in that his family don't talk to him because ??????????????? they don't know how to.

Of everyone in the hostel currently, the one person whom i thought would not relish the on-coming festive season... this young man is the only one who has purchased himself a Christmas tree and erected it with all the trimmings in his own room. It does not mean to say he is not desperate inside or still masking a mind of disarray....its just a sign that he wants to try and take part in life.......................

lonely one: Alfe asked what you were planning to do at Christmas.... might i suggest you volunteer to help out in a shelter over the holidays......it may not be the nicest of experiences....but believe it or not...your presence...will be remembered by those you meet...[and way after you have forgotten them] ........sometimes by helping or supporting others we inadvertently help ourselves.

Your on a long journey my friend, learn to steer into the curves...............

David

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (12-07-2009), reyn (12-07-2009), thelonely1 (12-08-2009)