View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 07:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

L1, do you want to talk about why your visit with your parents didn't go so well and left you feeling depressed? All of us will listen, and we will care.

I called at 9:30 to reschedule the MRI to next Monday. John is not well (chemo for leukemia not working and new meds have made him sick), so I told him that I really needed to go to the local clinic to check out my ankle (it has been a major problem for 2 wks). I knew he needed an "out." He drove me there and came back home to wait for my call to pick me up.

It was a good decision. I had a fever, and this new doctor seemed very interested in determining what is wrong with my ankle. Can you believe that he is the very doctor who I saw in the E.R. on the second time I had a seizure and John called for an ambulance?! You are likely wondering why I'm excited . . ..

Well, I live in a very rural town (about 2,000 people, and we are the county seat!) and the hospital where I was scheduled to have the brain MRI is about 40 miles from here. The only doctor that has been available recently is of the ****** religion where touching the female body is frowned upon. Right, so when I saw him with the rt. arm problem, he wouldn't touch me. It took another 2 months to get back to my oncologist who wisely sent me for and MRI and then an orthopedic surgeon --- wasn't too many months before I could use my right arm again.

Ack! I know this is long and wordy, but I'm trying to tell you that help comes from the most unlikely places, even online friends, I promise.

And, I did tell you that you can come to Miss. and have a home here, if you ever need it . . .

from my *heart,
reyn

P.S. And this doctor finally addressed my high-blood pressure and put me on medication. I am so thankful. None of this would have happened if I had held onto the belief that I absolutely had to get to the city to have the brain MRI!
reyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (12-07-2009), DMACK (12-07-2009), thelonely1 (12-08-2009)