Thread: Glass Art
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitcher View Post
Your piece in the calendar is beautiful!!

Glass art, to me, is one of the most beautiful of artwork. What artists can do with glass never ceases to amaze me...from huge pieces to the tiniest pieces, almost specs of glass, they can be so tiny.

I was in NYS for Thanksgiving at my youngest daughter's home. She works for the Corning Museum of Glass. The museum shop, which is an amazing place any day of the year, has their 75% off sale that weekend each year. I bought about half of my Christmas gifts that day. I just looked at the online shop and it does not do justice to the real shop; not even close. My daughter bought for her sister a 'Tiffany' style lamp for $75 (not the one with wrought iron work.) It was originally priced at $500, but was sale marked as if it had been $300; it was an irresistible deal.

Carolyn
What a great place to work!! Has she ever considered doing glass? You got an excellent deal on the lamp. Thanks for the compliment. I just got back from studio. It is 13 deg outside with a significant windchill but inside studio it is about 80 degrees. The glass studio is the place to be in the winter!
libra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote