View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoKidsTwoCats View Post
At least you have internet! My first night in Omaha...1982... they had over 10 inches of snow on the ground and windchills near -75. I was ready to run back to Mississippi when the heater died in our hotel room that night! I spent 4 long winters on the hill near Offutt's hospital with just cable...one TV...and a toddler who had to watch his Sesame Street everyday!

I hope that cough and ear get better soon so you don't have to venture out.
I remember that winter. I was 13. Probably one of my first winters where I can remember the windchills getting that cold...and being the typical 13yr old, I didnt want to wear a coat to school. My mom made me do it anyways.

At least you werent here for the blizzard of 1975, that storm would have made you run back to Mississippi. You'd have gotten off the plane (stepped out of the car) and taken one look at an Omaha Winter and said "Screw this! and turned around. Almost made my mother (who was born in Bay Springs, MS) leave my dad to go back to warmer weather.

Me, I'd rather take my chances with a blizzard or a tornado that move to the South where I have to deal with hurricanes, or to California and have to worry about earthquakes. Nebraska weather isnt so bad...as long as I have heat/and or air conditioning (depending on the weather) and an internet connection and a steady supply of chocolate, I'm a happy camper.

If my internet goes down, at least I have my Kindle and my cellphone (can get internet on both)

I'm going to go take a shot of Delsym and try to stop coughing my lungs out. My cold is trying to make me cough up my spleen.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
TwoKidsTwoCats (12-07-2009)