View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 10:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I understand your frustration. You have to keep your head up, know what you know, and keep going back. Look every doctor in the eye and say (calmly and firmly) "I am not crazy".

Something to note, though. A psychiatrist may be exactly who you need to see. Not a Psychologist, but a Psychiatrist. They deal with medical disorders of the brain. You could ask for a referral to a NeuroPsychiatrist, but a Psychiatrist may get you exactly where you need to be. They are medical doctors with years of extra education specifically on the brain, and how it works. They are to the brain what a Cardiologist is to the heart. A Psychiatrist would know just what evaluations need to be done to find out what part of your brain is affected, and how it might be affected. Just a thought. People often think that referral is a "crazy referral", but it can also be the absolutely appropriate referral.

I hope you get this worked out. The recording was a brilliant idea - keep it and bring it with you to the doctor. Don't get upset - be calm and firm and definite. DECIDE that they will listen to you.

Good Luck!!

Smiles,

Linn
Pleasure or pain are only aspects of the mind. Our essential nature is happiness. We forget the Self and imagine the body or the mind to be the Self. It is this wrong identity that gives rise to misery.

—Sri Ramana Maharshi
Linn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-14-2010), Hockey (12-08-2009), tamiloo (03-14-2010)