Thread: Ice treatment
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Gette

I realize most of my TOS buddies which have RSD cannot use ice. My choice is & has been ice since my injury back in 2000. Moving in the cool pool back then was my idea when my neck to my fingers had absolutely no feeling for days weeks. The physical therapist couldn't figure anything out, nothing showed on xrays as the workers comp docs said "WE SEE THIS AL THE TIME". Giving me drugs 24/7 for the pain while driving to and from work & working being oblivious to my surroundings. I am appauld as I look back how physicians can tell you to take drugs 24/7. Immobolizing my injured arm by slinging was detremental to circulation as the PT screamed at the doc WHAT ARE YOU DOING, her fingers & hand is turning blue with no mobility. I had no clue, just get me better! Finally a diagnosis 2 years later & by then the damage was done, CRPS, RSD & FM had set in for a lifetime of survival with pain.

My internal termometer is now set on cold as it is the one single thing to keep the pain & swelling controlled. I do best when my environment is 60 degrees. Now, thats not to say if I moved to the North Pole my system would get acclamated to the weather conditions & it would reverse on me.

In the summer heat, a hot room, clothing, the sun, bed covers immediate flares me & the vascular complications. Increasing the pain, swelling, headaches & muscle spasms throughout the entire body from this triple crush.

All I know is that you have to do what YOUR body tells you it needs & your concious efforts of researching gaining all the knowledge you possibly can from these amazing people here on Neurotalk. By the way, Cryotherapy/crysurgery is used in western medicine all the time to kill viruses & even cancer.

color="Black">Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch *The 3 Stooges
olecyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gitte74 (12-09-2009)