View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 01:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Topomax and Tramadol

Hey guys, so here's the deal..i've posted multiple threads on my problems and issues. But i think i have found somewhat of a minor solution... I think I have hope..

I started Topomax 25mg/day before bedtime (cause it makes u drowsy - Neuro recommended to take this med since i can take it at night and not during daytime when i work 40-50hrs/week). However, I have been getting unusual ATN/TN attacks that are first creepy-crawly type... dull, pressure-type ache in my jaw cheekbone teeth (upper and lower area), all around the same time -- anywhere between 9pm - 12pm ... for about a week now. this is weird. has this happened to anyone? are my attacks adjusting to my medications?

My attacks, i feel are worse though, the doctor did say it could take a few weeks for the medications to take effect (topomax) since it is an anticonvulsant as well and it is not for pain he said. over the weekend i had a massive attack that lasted about 40 minutes. so this morning i left message iwth my neuro and he prescribed me tramadol for the pain since at night is when i get the bad attacks. i took it around 9pm coz i know that they will come soon. and sure enough, the attack came, but it was much milder than it had usually been... IS THIS POSSIBLE GUYS???? or is this just coincidence that this wasn't a bad attack. oooohhh please god let this be it...

hope to hear from someone.... thanks!
jennadeleon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote