View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Lightbulb just an idea for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel Chanel View Post
Thanks for the kind words.
Hi CC, I see you are practicing being able to tolerate the discomfort just a little bit more. Good job! I know one exercise which has helped me when I was overwhelmed with multiple issues. I took some crayons and a big piece of paper and let my mind go as blank as possible and let my left hand make colors and shapes to represent my internal states. Somehow the non-dominant hand lets us get in touch with the "voice" of the fear or whatever it is. Strong emotions are usually there to protect us from something that we might be unaware of. This play- exercise brings it out to be seen with more understanding and compassion. In the time of waiting we can learn much about our inner life and sometimes even heal physical symptoms just by giving them their own voice. You can put words to this process if that works, just colors and shapes is fine too. I think you will find it interesting and soothing in an odd way. Many therapists use this method. So it is not as silly as it sounds. And even if it feels silly it is also real to the part that wants to be understood and seen. Have fun and I hope this might help in some way. Thinking of you, knowing waiting is a challenge. Hang in there. Best wishes TT
tinglytoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote