View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 11:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry Accused of "faking" pain by in-laws

I am a victim of Lumbar RSD, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, L-5, S-1 Radiculopathy, 5 disc herniations, and both Cervical and Lumbar Spodylosis (and have the diagnostic tests to prove it). I received this from 2 car accidents (One in 2007, the other in 2008). Before I got "so bad", I worked 13 years at a hair salon and was the breadwinner for my family (have a husband and 2 small boys). When I was no longer able to work, we suffered terribly financially and although I was approved of SSD 18 months after losing my job (got fired because my boss,co-workers, and clients couldn't stand watching me suffer through the day), it still was not possible to make ends meet. We have 2 lawsuit claims filed, but haven't even neared a settlement after going on almost 3 years. Anyhow, my in-laws are financially "well" and my husband humbly asked them if we could have some help as we were getting far behind in the mortgage. They refused, replying that if we needed money "then your wife needs to get off her lazy *** and get a job. That's her problem if she just wants to fake all her pain because she wants money from a lawsuit." My husband told them that I really was hurt, but their reply was "she looks fine to us."

I try not to draw too much attention to my pain/suffering because I don't want to be annoying and alienated from normal people. But, it is SO hurtful that I would accused of faking all this. I would LOVE to hear from any of you that had a similar experience, if you don't mind sharing your story.

Thanks!! Vanna
vannafeelbettr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (12-09-2009), tamiloo (12-08-2009)