View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I was going to get both the tec and then possibly the scs. Both were ruled out for the time being since my pain increased from lidocaine infusion and block. Are you under care in at Cleveland Clinic as that seems to be the place who always suggests the tec? The thought for the TEC is that it wil enableyou to do extreme physical therapy which in turn is supposed to help your rsd limb to get mobile again and then in turn helps with pain. My fear is delayed pain so after the tec was to come out would I get delayed pain. There are usually steps before these 2 procedures such as the meds and blocks. Have you had those?Then would be a temp scs? I know a girl your age that after the tec,blocks,meds,and 2 previous temp scs she now has the perm scs and seems to be doing a lot better but then I know some who have had not good results. The problem with our condition is what may work for one may not for another. I also encourage if you have not seen more then one doc for pain that you get a nd opinion before you do a big procedure. If you or your mom even wants to email me I am here as I know how my mom felt so helpless and lost and talking to a girl who had rsd for awhile helped her.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote