View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 04:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

benadryl, well benadryl used to really knock me out, but now that im accustomed to it. it doesnt so much. it's supposedly like one of those anti-histamines used for extrapyradimal side effects from anti-psych meds. which i dont know why they use it for that reason, as it's very sedating on top of anti-psych meds.

which is why i only use artane prn from now on for that reason. as for the aspirin i get a similar effect from aspirin as i do from artane sometimes. but in aspirin it's more profound. with aspirin it's almost like the extra fine particles don't completely get digested down my esophagus and end up causing havoc up in my throat area. like it seeps down different parts of my throat. and i can feel it gristling and sandy like texture, almost like cutting through parts of my throat. and then the day after this happens i get like a terrible hangover of weakness and overall fatigue

the main reason i take all those other psych meds, is i have a terrible time sleeping. part of it is psychological, like whenever i get to the point where i feel tired, something attacks me, whether it be an actual physical problem, or whether it's a somatic part of my body attacking away at it. well it's attacked, and so i no longer feel tired and keep moving along, numb to all feeling. it could be a defense mechanism of some sort, as i have nightmares at times. so instead of getting up at the same time every day, i end up constantly chasing sleep. even if at times i just lay there trying to sleep, or lay there in a nonrestorative sleep state and wake up feeling worse than i did before i went to sleep. so therefore that explains the use of lyrica or gabapentin that i use. also looking into prazosin to deal with the nightmares caused by h1(histamine) antagonism of some of the other sleep meds i take, like seroquel/atarax. as for the seroquel it may be causing some cardiovascular issues that may be hurting my progress.

the mestinon helped very well at first had alot of energy. then i had excessive sweating, nausea and muscle weakness on the third day of taking it. and only at a half a tab, 30 mg a day. so on the third day i stopped taking it due to muscle weakness, at just 30 mg a day!! the doctor told me to call with results of how i was doing on the med. which ill do, ill also mention the Musk test, and acetycholine antibody test.

i looked at that site annieb3, but didnt find any part of that site talking about medications and effects on MG!

fatigue, insomnia, migraine issues

neurontin
omega 3 fish oil, b complex,
acid blocker(famotidine)
Lopressor
NAC
low dose aspirin

Former, experience in:
Prozac

Last edited by bruegger84; 12-08-2009 at 04:35 PM.
bruegger84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote