View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 07:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm also sorry you're here but welcome. I'm with BMW after reading your symptoms. I have both TN and ON and I have a lot of dizziness, but its caused by the medications and some other stuff. My ON pain is in my neck, the base of my skull, and up over and around my head. It also goes into the forehead some. I get eye pain from both condtions, but the TN eye pain comes from the outside while the ON eye pain comes from inside the skull, if that makes any sense to you. It can be hard to describe for me. These are sensory nerves and the TN eye pain I get feels like I'm being stabbed repeatedly in the eye while the ON eye pain feels like a red hot poker is being stuck in my eye from inside my skull. Maybe thats a better description. I have had the trigeminal area in the jaw injected with long acting marcaine and that has caused the pain episode that you described that emanates from the jaw and also leaves you with a #^$# of a headache. The TN divides there into the three branches that serve the face. There is a diagram on the web which shows it. I'll try to find it and post a link. What confuses me is the other symptoms that you describe. Rapid eye movements can trigger my TN pain as can bright light. But then it also can trigger the ON eye pain too. I don't remember if you posted, but did you see a neurologist?
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (12-08-2009)