View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE03 View Post
I'm also sorry you're here but welcome. I'm with BMW after reading your symptoms. I have both TN and ON and I have a lot of dizziness, but its caused by the medications and some other stuff. My ON pain is in my neck, the base of my skull, and up over and around my head. It also goes into the forehead some. I get eye pain from both condtions, but the TN eye pain comes from the outside while the ON eye pain comes from inside the skull, if that makes any sense to you. It can be hard to describe for me. These are sensory nerves and the TN eye pain I get feels like I'm being stabbed repeatedly in the eye while the ON eye pain feels like a red hot poker is being stuck in my eye from inside my skull. Maybe thats a better description. I have had the trigeminal area in the jaw injected with long acting marcaine and that has caused the pain episode that you described that emanates from the jaw and also leaves you with a #^$# of a headache. The TN divides there into the three branches that serve the face. There is a diagram on the web which shows it. I'll try to find it and post a link. What confuses me is the other symptoms that you describe. Rapid eye movements can trigger my TN pain as can bright light. But then it also can trigger the ON eye pain too. I don't remember if you posted, but did you see a neurologist?
Hi EE03

I saw a neurologist few months ago. He thought it was some huge migraine and gave me the maximum dose of Steroid to break it. I took it for 10 days without any change. I told him about the concussion I had 3 years ago. He didn’t think it could be possible.

I’m seeing a physiotherapist for the stiffness in the back of my neck. It bothers me and I put ice often when I have those head ache. Like today! Moving my eyes to any direction is more painful. The pain is inside the skull right in the back of the eyes. At the top part in the back of the eyes. It’s really hard to explain. Hope this is clearer. It’s there all day long and getting worse if I’m exposing to lights or reading and other things.

When I have those head ache the paint is in the back of my neck were the neck and head meet, but nothing like burning just stiffness and if I move its worse. The frontal lobe right on top of the eyes is the most painful part of the head ache. I feel it right under the skin/hair like a pressure from inside. The eyes and head ache paint are on bolt side but the sharp pain when I eat is only on the left side. When I talk or sleep on that side I can feel something just over where is the jaw joint, closed to the ear.

I’m taking these medications.
The Novo-Betahistine 24 mg 2 to 3 times a day is working a bit. I try to stop taking it for couple days and the dizziness is getting worse. Taking it doesn’t make a huge difference but it’s better.

The Flunarizine 5 mg is supposed to help to prevent the head ache…At the beginning I had head ache all the time for 4 weeks nonstop. Now it’s more 2 to 3 times a week. They still are strong when they come but not as often. When I was trying to work these was getting worse, like at the beginning.

The Amitriptyline 25 mg is supposed to work on the nerve by slowing it…..not too sure about it but since I begin it, it makes the dizziness worse. The Doc said to continue it and the body should get use to it. She is the doc.

The last one is Garbamazepine 100 mg twice a day. I haven’t begin it. I want to make sure I need to. There is a lot side effect.

Thanks all to reply!
Steve
ALIFE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote