Thread: Hands are tied
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Your post reminds me of people I've had to deal with in the past. What a difficult situation!

You need to contact social services for your mom and younger brother and get out of there. If your dad isn't willing to accept help, you all need to help yourselves and extricate from the situation.

This is terrible for all involved but you need to separate yourselves from your dad and maybe then he'll get help for himself.

I'm not a professional but it sounds like he's abusing your mom and everybody else (emotionally!)

If you stay and accept his treatment, you're enabling him to continue. Have you ever threatened to leave and if so, what did he do? Blame you for trying to abandon him?

You all need to have a normal life and if he doesn't want treatment then you should try to find a different place to live and get help for your mom and younger brother so they don't have to go back.

Keep me posted on how it goes. Maybe a suggestion of you all leaving will cause him to seek help, but from what you've said so far it doesn't sound like it willl. And it's too bad because it sounds like you love your dad and want to help.

I hope I'm wrong and he'll have a change of heart and get some help.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09