View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 12:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Garney! I guess I'm old too (45). I certainly feel that way lately, but I can't see that our brains should have degenerated that quickly! Although my brain feels that way lately too. Do you have hypothyroid or epstein-barr? You might get a blood test and see if they add these to all of your symptoms. Every time I go to a new doc, they find something else that is wrong, but have not gotten to the core problem yet (if there is one). My thinking is that the docs want to find one thing to feel like they've accomplished something and then stop looking for anything else. I've been passed around for the past 6 months and finally see a neurologist on Thursday. There are a lot of different mimickers as everyone has pointed out and it seems as though you have been diagnosed with a few of them. Don't give up, maybe you'll run into a doctor who can get to the bottom of it. BTW, the wait and see approach could waste valuable time that a person could be receiving one of the medications that might help prevent or put off a relapse, right? That seems to be one of the acceptable approaches that I have read about.
CarolK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote