Old 12-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknerd View Post
Yeah...I'm definately going to ask my doc. to test me for Celiac's disease...I had no idea that this was a symptom! I've had these little pimples on and off for a few years, but they weren't as persistant as they are now....My hair's really oily, and some comes out while I'm taking a shower...

I have a lot of facial acne too-mainly on my chin. I got it after waxing, though...Basically, things aren't looking up in the looks depot...lol

Thanks for your help, guys! Things do suck right now, but hopefully, will get better! Have a good night!

Nicky
I am sorry Nicky...I hit "edit" instead of "quote" in response to your post.... So your last post shows my correction for this error... I should never type without my tea in the morning!

Here is my reply:
I would clean the skin before the waxing, with alcohol...kill off any Staph that is there before the procedure.

Your description sounds alot like Cushing's or at least PCOS. The pred can cause it or make it worse if you have it already. Androgens increase the chin hair and cause increased oiliness. You can ask the doctor for a blood test for testosterone. You might be surprised at the result! I've had PCOS all my life and understand chin hair! Mine all stopped when I started a simple supplement made for PCOS patients (to help with fertility issues). This supplement is a form of inositol, called d-chiro inositol. It also helps with the increased blood sugar caused by the hormones. (insulin resistance) . I've been using it twice a day since last Feb, and it has been wonderful. No more facial hair! The 10 or so remaining resistant hairs I can easily handle now (they are thinner and don't grow fast)! heheheheh. I wish this was known when I was younger...I would have been able to have more children (I have only the one son).
Here is the website with information:
https://www.chiralbalance.com/store/index
I can't see this simple inositol having any conflict with MG either.

All the oily hair/face is gone too. And I have more energy.

Most of the rashes from Celiac/gluten intolerance also appear on the body. This rash is called dermatitis herpetiformis and is very itchy. Here is a thread that explains the results from blood testing:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread105601.html
and
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread104889.html

I think getting tested for this is a very good idea. Chronic gluten intolerance leads to all sorts of autoimmune neurological problems in some patients.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (12-09-2009)