Thread: RSD questions
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 11:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Suz66,

One of the first things Dr. S from Philly told me was. "The affects weather has on our condition is the one thing there is no medication for and it can not be controlled".
I have the same problems with stiffness and cramps. I notice it more when the weather is changing. The warm water is a good idea.
One of the things I do that helps is water walking. I notice it helps most during the winter. I go twice and sometimes 3 days a week to the area YMCA. I walk in the warm water. If I am having a good pain day I will swim a couple laps. We are weightless in the water and it doens't hurt to exercise in the water. The Y also offers an arthritis class done in the water. This helps keep the joints moving. I notice I have less trouble in the winter with cramps and stiffness if I get to the Y.
I have full body RSD going on 9 years. Going to the Y and my Chiropractor are a couple of the things that have really made a difference for my pain level.
I hope I helped and may your Christmas season be filled with many blessings from our Heavenly Father!!!!
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (12-09-2009), suz66 (12-10-2009)