View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

A couple more comments...

The Chiral Balance site, gives the data on the fertility aspects of the product. If you visit some of the PCOS forums, the members really discuss this alot. I was impressed that it was just about equal in effectiveness to metformin (which is used for PCOS and insulin resistance too) but without side effects.
The only down side to it is cost... this has come down from $89 a month to $59 since I started. So that might be a factor for you. (but for me my copay is now $65 for brand names--so it is less than and RX drug for me). I have no side effects at all, and the chin hair was responding within a month at 2 x 600mg caps a day.

If you use alcohol along that hair line occasionally to remove the oil, it won't plug up the hair shafts so much and that might help. The oily skin is really hard on pores.

If you are slow to heal, I'd investigate some zinc supplements too.
This is a list of the nutrients that Steroids can mess up:
http://www.chiro.org/nutrition/ABSTR...steroids.shtml

Zinc is really important because the reduced immune effects make infection more likely. I find OptiZinc the easiest to tolerate (some others can be really hard on the stomach)
and has the best absorption--and one a day is plenty for most people. Zinc is depleted by other drugs too, like ACE inhibitors, and some antiseizure drugs (Depakote).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (12-12-2009)