View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEDSADVICE View Post
Well, I hope to God that he changes. We have threatened to just up and leave, and he welcomes the idea quite openly. Yet at the same time I don't think he really would like that. But, at this point in our lives...we need to take care of ourselves, because we can only do so much to help someone who persistently refuses our help. I think its about time to start working toward absolute independence and a geographical separation. Its time he carries his own burdens.
Wiz gave you some great advice. At some point you have to distance yourself from him and his abusive behavior and take care of yourselves. Maybe that's what it's going to take. As long as you keep putting up with the way he treats you he's getting the OK to keep doing it. I don't envy you the decisions you're going to have to make but wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and your family.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (12-09-2009)