View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 05:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jon and Kitt, I'm glad most of your symptoms went away after stopping the B-6 Jon. I think I've only taken one drug on the be careful list and that is a statin drug zocor which I'm off now. I am seeing a neurologist at the Mayo clinic who's father is on the CMT expert list (and wrote the textbooks on PN, I was told) and I was referred to his son who is also an expert in PN. I feel very confident I have one of the best doctors in the field. I got the impression that I may or may not progress to muscle weakness and if I do I should come back. My first impression was elation because we were afraid the dx could be worse like ALS and I was so happy I didn't have to repeat the tests. The more I think about it I am worried as the PN and especially the muscle atrophy has been very progressive the last 5 months and what's to stop it? There were no answers except there is no treatment and don't worry he doesn't see me in a wheelchair. I have always thought the muscle strength tests only showed minimal strength. I used to be very strong and I'm not at all now. I don't have the foot drop but I have lost much strength and ability. Thanks so much for responding, I guess I just need some support now. Raina
raina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote