View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 06:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Been There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
I have posted several times before relating my frustration with excruciating pain from fibromyalgia and RSD . The worst pain is in my lower back where I had an epidural. I am in constant pain in a variety of places due to Dr. interventions which caused more problems and more pain. However,it is my back which is so bad. Unfortunately, no pain meds have ever worked: al opiods, methadone, lyrica (abaoput 40). I have been searching the internet and this site and BT and cme up with some other meds. Anyone know if they may help me. phelobarbytol, kadian, xyre, zyban, relafin, reliquip, mirapex, sodium oxybate, amorbarbit, tizanidine, zineta, keppra, stadol, relaxin, fentora, pallodoone, bupenorphine dextramorphine, namenda, milnacipran, priat/elanCo., ralfinimide, oxytocin, neuroprotin, pramipexose, milnicipran, ketoralac, natlrexopone, aviaz , doxycycline, amitral, zofran, endone, xifaxin, narian, *opana, ralifinaminide, . I know some are for parkinsons and other off label usage. I get sick on acetaminophen so those drugs are out for me unless I take them with anti nausea drug. I am taking this list to my Dr . next week. Since he is out of ideas -I researched and found people using these for pain. Does anyone have any thoughts on these or use them for pain. I am so desperate . I just about get out of bed and am unable to walk outside the house. My back is SO bad.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Sydney
Hi, I have tried a plethora since 2002, (when I started down this road.) The Opana helps some, but you get soooo thirsty with it. I woke up at night dreaming I was in a desert. The Fentora and the Fentanyl are the ones that help me with virtually no side effects, however no insurance will cover it and they both run $30 a lozenge or disolvable tablet, and the tabs (Fentora) will take 2 usually. You take a dose every 4-6 hours on both of them. I have been fighting my insurance for a year. They covered them for 6 months. The BEST 6 months of my life. For a minute there I felt almost normal. The Zofran is for nausea usually brought on by cancer treatment. No use for you in this case. The Stadol is a narcotic they typically give for labor. O.K. for pain relief, shorter life than the Fentanyl. Kadian is basically the same thing as Morphine. I take Morphine now, a LOT of it. I feel you though. Sometimes if I could walk I would walk in front of a bus. You just have to take each minute and use it. Exercise your core muscles. I know that sounds dumb, but it helps alot. Getting your core stronger will help the muscles in your back and hip hold your weight up. Also, if you have a little extra weight, try loosing it. The 3 prongs meds, exercise and weight lose have helped some. But if you are like me even a little is a miracle. Good luck.
DeeBo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA65 (08-25-2011)