View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 06:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Raina--I understand your concerns. I have muscle wasting in my feet and high arches but it hasn't bothered me much. In fact, I didn't even notice it until the neurologist pointed it out. Now I have numbness behind my toes so that it feels like I have a rag balled up in my shoes. I have run for most of my life until about three weeks ago. I decided to give that up and take up other forms of exercise that are not so high impact. It was a difficult, emotional decision for me because running has represented a certain kind of freedom. But I have accepted that now and feel comfortable moving on. I am very glad I had 60 years to run without injury.

I also took statins for 15 years. The CMTA has a list of drugs that may be harmful to CMT'rs. I was taking a few of them at the time of my symptoms and there may have been a cumulative factor. The important thing now for me is to accept whatever happens and try to deal with things as they come up. It has been very helpful to correspond with others who have been dealing with CMT for may years. You are not alone.

Jon
JonAlex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote