View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Okay, here's my advice on both of these men.

The blind date you just had!!!. Was there chemistry with this guy? It either WAS, or it WASN'T. I don't care if you're 47, or 87, chemistry is chemistry. Just ask Sean Connery or Anthony Quinn (I know he's dead but before he died he was still kicking if you know what I mean, he had like 13 kids). So chemistry is still chemistry. If it was there with the blind date, go out on another blind date and see if the chemistry leads to a combustible experience!!!

Now, because you know what the blind date looks like, you have that OUT OF THE WAY!!

How long has it been since you've seen the high school sweetheart? If you've exchanged photos, I bet they were OLD photos, which people often do, so you don't exactly know what this guy looks like. If you are 47 (and you obviously know your way around a computer, you probably have a webcam). So if he's your age then he probably might have a computer, webcam, instant message, e-mail etc. etc.

This is what I would do. I would make a video on the webcam, send it to him and have him do the same. Believe me, you'll know right away if there might be chemistry or not. You have a good chance because the high school sweetheart (USED TO BE A HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART) so there was already chemistry to begin with. So once you have that out of the way, you can meet up with him, have a merry old time, see where it leads and maybe have a long distance relationship. You can have MORE than one gentleman friend in your life you know, IT'S ALLOWED!!!!

You just have to see who you get along with the best, and who you have the most chemistry with. Nothing is worse than going on a date with someone, sitting across the table and thinking, "oh my god, how do I get out of this?". You want to go, have a nice drink, have some friendly conversation and enjoy yourself.

The reason I mention chemistry is a very funny story that happened to me a few years ago that some of you may remember but not all of you so you will laugh your asses off if you read this. And please forgive me if I've posted this but as you can tell, I have no memory but this will be a fresh funny story for many of you. And it's all true!!!!

Now you have to understand, I'm 59 and have no memory. I don't remember people, faces, names, whatever. I'm good at movie trivia but that's it.
Alan knows this and laughs his butt off everytime people come up to me and say "oh Melody, it's been a long time, how are you and I look at them like they are from Mars". This happens every day and Alan is used to this.
We were coming out of Costco a few years ago, and Alan is parking the car W A Y A C R O S S the parking lot so I'm alone for a good 5 minutes.
A little man approaches me, (about 5 feet tall), with a cane, he's 5 feet both ways, has no hair on his head an has things growing on his face (I won't mention what things). He looked almost like Lou Costello (from Abbot and Costello) He walks straight up to me and says "Melody, how are you, you are more beautiful than ever". I look at him (like HE IS FROM MARS) and the first thing that pops into my mind (I swear to god), is "Lord, please don't let me have gotten drunk when I was 20, had an affair with this man and he remembers me). Now I do NOT drink whatsoever but as a young woman of course, after work, I used to go to Happy Hour and have maybe one drink that I would nurse for two hours while you got a free meal.

So he's smiling at me and saying "how have you been, gee you haven't changed". I look at him completely clueless and I ask him "how long has it been?" and he goes: "35 years". and I'm thinking "this guy remembers me from 35 years ago, and thinks I haven't changed??? and there's Alan, taking this whole scene in, walking slowly over to us, laughing his head off because he knows exactly what's happening, that I DON'T KNOW THIS PERSON FROM A HOLE IN THE WALL'.

He then said: You do know I had the biggest crush on you.?" Now I went to an all girls catholic school, so there couldn't have been any boy with a crush on me. So I went on further: "I said "let's see how good your memory is, when was the last time we got together?". I figured, he would jog SOMETHING IN MY MEMORY".
He says :"Oh I remember exactly, it's when you bought the donuts, and I bought the coffee"., I said to myself "I had coffee and donuts with this guy and he had a major crush on me, okay, start your brain working Melody".

Absolutely nothing came to mind. "I went on further. "Okay, what was my pet name for you?" He goes. "No, you didn't have a pet name, you just called me David". I throw my arms around him and go "David, it's so good to see you again".... Alan walks up to me at that moment, I turn to Alan, and I say 'oh Alan, please meet David, an old friend from 35 years ago". Alan is laughing and grabs his hand and David goes: "I had such a crush on your wife". Alan goes, "oh that's okay, I married her". And they both laughed.

Now I'm going completely nuts and I go "when exactly did we last see each other and he said "oh don't you remember, it was during the 1965 or 1966 train strike and we took the car in and our boss drove us to work and I got to sit next to the girl I was nuts about, and we all ate donuts and drank coffee all the way into work". I responded "Oh of course, that's the last time we rode in a car together till I quit that job. He said "Yeah, I felt so bad, I never had the courage to ask you on a date".

We said our goodbyes and as Alan and I are walking into Costco, Alan whispers in my ear "You have no idea who this guy is do you". and I said "Not a clue".

I absolutely hate having no memory, it stinks. But thankfully, my virtue is still intact.

So best of luck on your new beaus. Enjoy!!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote