View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 06:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hmmmm!

Unfortunately for the moment, through no fault of my own, I seem to be on the Fibromyalgia 'bandwagon'. Mine though has come after much testing and persistence to get to the bottom of the twenty-five, mostly ongoing symptoms, that I've experienced over the past 2 years 4 months.

The neuropathic pain is only one symptom and this too is ongoing, although helped somewhat now by Lyrica and TDS Tramadol (Ultram)/Panadol (Tylenol) combos. The Gastroparesis - diagnosed earlier this year has pulled me down even further and I've lost 20+kgs (44+ lbs) while being only able to eat liquids and pureed food. This is also another horrible symptom.

I still wait to see what will unfold and whether a more 'acceptable' diagnosis will be made in the days to come but meanwhile I have to advocate for myself as best I can. Thankfully much is being 'discovered' now about Fibro. Thankfully, it may turn out that some people actually fit into different diagnostic 'camps' but in the meantime while relative ignorance abounds as to its causation/existance all we who have it can do is, to support each other.

To label difficult to decipher medical conditions as psychosomatic/somatoform is hugely ignorant in my book, especially when there is still sooooo much we don't yet know about the minutiae of workings of the human body. New research findings tell us this everyday.
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote