View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

One other thing that has bugged me about my case, it that they have not run the specific antibodies other than the usual basic panel, such as anti scl 70, ssa, ssb, antism stuff.

There are several dozen other things they need to test for. I hope this next clinic appt. they do that. I saw one rheum in a private clinic and got the first + ANA, (nucleolar/speckled). Then I went to the rheum clinc at my academic center, and was sent away with plaquenil and NO blood work. I had a fit and wanted to see a new rheum and had to go to hell and back to get assigned a new doc. I got the new doc and she did bloodwork, telling me it would likely be negative. She called me a few days after the results came in the mail and was kinda apologetic. That lab work came back + as well, so, now this is the second appt. with her.

My neuro has been handling my IVIG up to now, and frankly he seems to advocate for me more than any one has. I hope they all get on board now, and stop all the interdepartmental bickering. I am tired of it and feel caught in the middle.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote