View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 02:40 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Angry

I'm disgusted and ready to revolt. They left neurology out? That's because the scarecrow in the wizard of OZ could out think congress.

Now we are supposed to write them and ask them to save us? Am i the only one who is angry - no one is going to save anyone it's all just a big waste of time and money.

I sound like the recently deceased David Boots, advanced pd , God rest his soul, found dead after a fall 6 days later. That's reality - these business clowns and mad scientists have lost touch with what is real...and they call US obsessive compulsive......

We are the sane ones!

paula

how could a bill long enough to circle the globe leave out neurology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitcher View Post
Neurology left out of health care reform!

Contact your Senators and urge them to support vital health care amendment!

The health care debate is moving fast in the U.S. Senate, and members of the Parkinson's community can effect change for millions of Americans. Currently, neurology is not listed as a specialty eligible for primary care incentives in section 5501 of the Senate Health Reform Bill, even though family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, and geriatrics are included. This will mean that neurologists are the only physicians who regularly manage and coordinate care who are not eligible for the bonus.

Earlier this week, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) introduced an amendment to the health care bill that would add neurologists to this list, enabling millions of Americans living with Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Multiple Sclerosis, and ALS to get the proper care they need.

Neurologists, many of whom are providing the principal care for people living with Parkinson's disease, need to be included in the incentive. Excluding neurologists could have long-lasting ramifications for all people living with neurological conditions, including Parkinson's.

Sen. Klobuchar's amendment, which has strong bipartisan support from Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME) and Sharrod Brown (D-OH), will correct this problem. Call or e-mail both of your senators today and ask them to support Sen. Klobuchar's amendment (H.R. 3590), and ask the senators to let the Senate Finance Committee know of their support.

[center]

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 12-10-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: to spit some more
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote