View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 06:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Trent,
I've been taking keppra since August 2009 and it's has helped stop my complex partial, and clonic sz. I've been working with the FDA putting reports in on any seizure meds (AED's) and nothing has been mentioned about keppra causing tics. If I may ask has your child been outside in the woods or fields wearing a short sleeve shirt or shorts because it has been proven that tics can cause nervous disorders and sometimes lead to seizures.
Over the 37 yrs. that I've had epilepsy along with 2 brain surgeries I've found that seeing an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) has been the best thing I've ever done. They are way ahead of any neuros. I've ever seen plus they have me on the least amount of AED's. You should look into taking your son to an Epilepsy Center which are often found at University Hospitals. The neuro that wanted you to tape your sons seizures should have ordered a veeg (video e.e.g.) this is done in the hospital and a persons is having an e.e.g. while they are on camera around the clock. By doing this the neuro can see what the seizure is like and also check the brain wave pattern to see if the person is having a real seizure.
Try putting your son on vitamin B12 once a day it has done wonders reducing my seizures. Also keep him away from anything with nutra sweet in it because it will trigger seizures do to the aspartame which causes more electrical activity in the brain. I would also keep your son away from cell phones this has been proven to cause seizures do to the frequency the cell phone is using. Keep a journal by getting a calendar and write down what time your child has any seizures along with a discripition. Take note if your child is sick or if there's a low pressure in the weather often this can trigger seizures for many people especially during colds and viruses. If your son is going through puberty take my word it's the hormones that can really cause a lot of seizures. I had a really hard time during that period. You may also request the neuro to do a DNA blood test on your son by doing this you will be able to find what AED's will help him the most with the least side effects. I wish you and your son the best of luck and May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote