View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I was told it wasnt swine flu. I did have a fever last week, but it was never much higher than 100.2, it was just barely a fever

(if there are a lot of typing errors in this, it's because I'm using my 7 year old laptop and the thing is a bit hinky)

I still have a bad cough tonight, but I felt good enough to do a little more cleaning in my bedroom in preparation for my construction project that actually starts tomorrow.

The electrician comes tomorrow to wire my bedroom with some extra outlets and to move a couple of outlets and the doorbell ringer for the basement.

That desk that I've had to get out of my room, and I couldnt get anyone else to help me with it. Well, I just moved it out of my room ALL BY MYSELF!

I fully expect to be regretting that later tonight or tomorrow morning.

I bought those plastic furniture slider thingies and put them under the desk, and just pulled and pushed it out of the room. I left it abandoned in the middle of the family room, but it's OUT of my room, and I'm totally thrilled that I managed it by myself.

I did ask my dad for help, but he was too tired and was taking a nap, and I figured, I'd moved it 5 feet by myself, so I did it the rest of the way. I had to take the sliding trays that the keyboard sat on, and where you'd put paperwork out of the desk, along with the file drawer...

and then I took the doors off, put a towel over the top of the desk so that it would hopefully not scratch my walls, and then I dragged and pushed it out of the room. Surprised at how easy it was.

I'm sure that I'll be feeling some pain later tonight, and will probably be posting a whine about being sore and really hurting by tomorrow.

At least it's out of the room. I'm surprised at how much room I have in there without my big box desks in the room anymore. Wow....cant wait till my built-in gets built in...I'm going to miss my iMac for the next couple of days...

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote