View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 10:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neck Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboberg View Post
to a PROGAV shunt valve? I started at 12, then 15, then 18, then 20, then 16, and now 14, but the forehead pain is still there and back of neck soreness with dizziness, especially in the mornings and evenings. Tomorrow, I think the NS team is going to set me to 13, and I hope this works. My place of work doesn't want me back until I can stand properly! I have spent most of these seven weeks lying down to relieve my symptoms somewhat, but pain always comes back. Is this normal? My last surgery was on 8/2, and I started getting headaches around Halloween, and have had them since. Any suggestions? I have had 3 head CT's, 2 head X-rays, and 1 shunt tap in these seven weeks, all fine, except the first head CT, which did show overdrainage set at 12. Again is head and neck pain with dizziness every day a norm or a problem to see a surgeon about? Remember it has been also 2 months!
I am in the same boat, trying to fiure out what to do about the daily pain,and hopefully go back to work, and no its not normal, I think the problem is the doctors have given up on trying to fix the pain, or don't know what else to do
I have to go back for MRI and CT scans next week I am hoping all goes well.
brainiac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote