View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

There are sites on the web about light use, that can be manipulated to change your circadian rhythms by changing the time of day to move bedtime hours to a more convenient time.

Also using melatonin on a schedule, one can push back or bring up a sleep time. They use this for pilots and others who cross time zones.

I think light therapy however, is difficult for bipolar patients.
Very tricky. I know one year I was doing seedlings with 4 grow lights, and monitoring them, watering them is intensive for a while until they get sturdy. I inadvertently exposed myself to too much light and became very hyper, and couldn't sleep. I did a series of bird's nest drawings in that state! So it wasn't wasted, but it was pretty zoomy! (This spring I am planning a similar large batch of seedlings for myself, the new garden and my son's house, and his new neighbor. So I might just go into that state again! Who knows? ) I will turn off the lights when attending to the babies this time to protect myself.

This drawing (pastel) won a prize even!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 12-30-2009 at 12:01 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-12-2009), Isis (12-12-2009), Mari (12-11-2009)