View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 04:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Son with Tourette's and Crohn's

Hi. My name is Taffi and I have twins who are now 19 who were diagnosed with Tourette's/ADD/OCD at age 6. My daughter now deals with scoliosis and unnamed digestive and immune systems difficulties, and my son has recently been diagnosed with Crohn's. I have been trying to get them on Social Security so they can get Voc Rehab (as you can imagine holding down a job for either of them is a nightmare). I was, in a way, accused of trying to get some sort of "free ride" for my kids in looking for Social Security by a Social Security attorney we saw. They look perfectly "normal," so he said he didn't see why they couldn't work. I wish I could find an attorney who actually cares about people who suffer so as they do and could offer some understanding and real knowledge in dealing with them in their plight.

I did a search for Tourette's and Crohn's and found this webpost. I was very interested in speaking to the other mother about her experiences with her son with both TS and Crohn's. I read the book "breaking the viscious cycle" just last night. I ordered it with some probiotics for both the kids to try. I felt overwhelmed, especially as my son suffers with tactile defensiveness and has a very limited diet already. Trying to implement this diet would probably mean he'd starve to death, but we so want/need to address the Crohn's so he can start living again.

At least I can work to change some of the things in his diet (i.e. have real cheddar instead of American, cut down on table sugar with the use of honey, etc.) I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experience.

Thanks for letting me blab.
TaffiMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote