View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sallyanne,

I completely understand what you are going through. I too have trmendously painful PN. Walking is a chore and very painful. My life has been turned upside down. I will say that in order to sleep and help take the edge off the pain I use Medical Cannabis. I have found it to be the only method for taking the pain level down to a manageable level so I can sleep. I still wake at night but the pain is not that bad.

During the day at work I have yet to find anything to help ease the pain. I cannot take any type of pain meds as I need my head 100% clear. I am a computer systems engineer and a small mistake could cost my customers millions of dollars. So I just deal with the pain during the day. When evening comes I am wiped out both mentally, emotionally, and physically. I have created a healing/relaxation space in my house that helps me to relax and help things calm down.

I wish I could recommend some other things but I have nothing else. Hang in there. Look to family and friends for emotional support. God Bless!!!

Dewey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyanne18 View Post
I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy about a year ago sent out the door without any advice.My nights are a nightmare from dusk till dawn.The pain is an 8 of a scale of 1-10 burning pain that makes my feet feet like they are in a vice.They are sensitive to touch.just putting on a moisteriser hurts so muchMy balance isnt the best.

I dont know what to do or how to handle this.I fall asleep from exhaustion of crying .but I have had enough.

.I want to find ways to deal with this.I have disc degeneration also and a hip spur also type 11 diabetis on insulin and tablets

but with all of this .... I do have a sense of humour
"An American Military member, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to " The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life.""
NM_Dewey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote