View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default I want to buy an Electric Mixer

Hi all.

I really need your expertise on this matter.

I have one of those hand held mixers. They work fine. Cost me all of $10.00

But there are some things which I prepare that these become STUCK IN.

For instance, my brownies that I add peanut butter to.

I was invited somewhere and they love my brownies. I don't eat them because I'm diabetic but sometimes I make them with splenda and egg whites and then add a bit of peanut butter and maybe I'll have one piece and it doesn't impact my sugar but the problem is I CAN'T USE THE HAND HELD MIXER when I am mixing the ingredients. The mixer gets stuck in the bowl. The ingredients are TOO THICK.

And I can't use a wooden spoon because my hands are arthritic and it's just TOO HARD.

So today I said to myself "Get one of those electric mixer things".

I went on ebay, took a look (I think I need the dough hook things) to do what I want to do, but maybe I'm wrong? Not sure.

So I came across this item

http://cgi.ebay.com/KitchenAid-KSMC5...item2ea9b3273d

So is this (or something similar (because this comes with the dough hooks), will this do the brownie (and other thick mixes)???

I would also use it to mix the muffin batter because my hands are not what they used to be, and I'll take all the help I can get.

So which mixer should I be buying (to make thick stuff), Would the dough hooks do the trick (I gather any mixer I purchase should have the dough hooks)????

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote