View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 04:19 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default deep breath -not the "sub-typing" I pictured

there is a lot I could say here but i am hoping everyone of you reading reply to this post, whether it be to add, clarify,vent - or whatever.

There are several indications that our health care is about to change. And our research money is managed by business people who do not put our welfare first. That isn't their job.

This has morphed from lawsuits and insurance and now the pharmas and biotechs.

They don't care about advanced parkinson patients and are very aware that the baby boomers are too expensive to maintain. Now if that's your thinking , and you are a pd community leader, start looking for a new job. That would be the final ethical breech and it sounds very like obama czar style economics.

It's time for an indepth investigation into conflicts of interest and can someone tell me what leads....uh...Dr. Mandel to contend gdnf only works with early stage.? sounds like the same spin as the claim that freezing and falling are nondopaminergic in advanced patients.

Business is about bottom line. And now it's gone too far. Your silence will be interpreted as acceptance.

well i don't accept either of these "claims"

Do they honestly expect a 30 year old early stage parent of children to risk gene therapy? I would advise against it as a patient advocate.

RISK - everything much sooner than pd would take
BENEFIT - unknown
TREATMENT PRODUCTION - oh is that what they are trying to do? In your dreams.

I will stop there for now .

I actually thought i was losing my mind until a med change worked wonders
This is about money. Everything is about money. THe ethics in the research community is so far over the line that people should be replaced.

Who cares about stress in the advanced? they are going to die anyway.
welcome to the future...
by the way we are hip to distractions we aren't the crazy obsessed ones - we are the brilliant ones with pd;

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 12-11-2009 at 07:16 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bandido1 (12-12-2009), jeanb (12-12-2009)