View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxmom View Post
No, not those kind of sweetbreads Mel. I am not Hannibel Lector silly.
I will never understand how people eat these things. One day (over Easter time), my husband and I were passing the local butcher (we had just moved into this neighborhood), and I saw this GOAT hanging from a rack (RIGHT IN THE STORE WINDOW).

Now, having never seen this in all my life, I had no idea what the heck this meant. Then I saw the sign and the sign read "Baby goats for sale, get your order in early".

I looked at Alan and said "Oh my god, they are selling baby goats?" And Alan said "yeah, and they are killing them too". We had no idea.

I went into the store ranting and raving about the goat hanging in the window and the guy behind the counter was hysterical. He said "Lady, this is an Italian neighborhood, don't you know that?" I said "Of course, I happen to be Italian"

He then said: "But don't you know that people eat goats and lamb for Easter?"

I said: "But it's hanging in the window". (See, my mother never bought them this way, we all just sat down and ATE, I had NEVER seen the BEFORE of the meal).

I just looked at the man and he immediately understood. He said "you should see what's downstairs".

I ran out of the store, then I had to explain to my Jewish husband that many people around here were buying fresh killed baby goats and lambs.

You should have seen his face.

I don't know why but we don't have any butchers around here any more.

And I'm vegetarian. I WONDER WHY!!!!

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote