View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
The whole thing, however, was extremely overwhelming. I got an MRV/MRI test (the MRV looks at contrast going through your veins). He sat and talked to me and my husband for almost 2 hours. Both my lower jugular veins are occluded by about 90-95%. They are essentially pancaked flat. If you look at them layer by layer in flair cut pictures (slices) by the time you get to the bottom they virtually disappear on the screen. The upper left jugular (very high up) is also somewhat occluded. And there is some other vein high up on the left that looks not quite normal either (I can't remember what it is...near my sinus??)....
He also said I have extremely low blood pressure. My average is 98/58. So the blood is already not flowing well through my body and then with the occlusions I've got double the problems...When I wake up in the morning I feel like crap. I'm slow, brain dead, sluggish...it takes me 3-4 hours to really get going, especially mentally. I have mud for a brain until I "wake up" as I call it -- however, if I get up at 9:30 my brain really isn't firing on all cylinders until 1 or 2 pm. I start to feel better and better as the day goes on....It's almost like getting re-diagnosed again, looking at the scans of my screwy veins.
I'm speechless Natalie, excellent post, exactly what I wanted to read on here tonight.

The last part I quoted from your post, rings so true after reading all they explored with you.

I don't know.. if it were me, I'd want the pipes fixed, and not just something to thin my blood medication-wise, which may come with a host of side effects. Of course, safety is a concern as was mentioned. I think they'll find a way to balance that aspect and find a route to safely operate.

I'm not surprised to hear the doctors have their panties in a knot that their profits from drugs and such may go bye bye.
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Natalie8 (12-12-2009)