View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi.

there's a guy around the corner from me WHO SELLS EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING. Kind of like the old fashioned junk man who sells anything you can think of in his shop.

My most recent purchase (a few months ago), was this GIGORMOUS SOUP POT (WITH COVER). Once a month or so, I make a big pot of tomato barley vegetable soup. I have all these freezer containers and I freeze everything and when Alan or I want a hot bowl of soup, I just pop a container out, let it thaw (I don't microwave in plastic anything), and I transfer to a pot and heat it up. I made 19 servings last time. That is to show you how BIG the pot is.

What did I pay for this beauty? $5.00.

The best thing I got from him so far. But I've gotten 10 Mason Jars, with lids and caps, 3 vcrs (none of which worked and I returned them to thim), A big brownie baking pan. and various other stuff. He sells electric appliances also but I've never made it my business to go and check on that.

Tomorrow I just might do that. He sells EVERYTHING. And if it doesn't work, he takes it back. But if I get a mixer, I'll make him plug it in and see if it works. I can always download the manual online.

He sells clothes too. And tapes, and electric components, RCA CABLES,

THIS GUYS SELLS EVERYTHING. He's like a little GEM store. If you need it, HE PROBABLY HAS IT.

Tomorrow I shall go treasure hunting.

will let you know if I find anything delicious.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (12-12-2009)