Thread: Fentanyl Patch
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 04:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Fentanyl Patch

Very good advice from Lisa! I am on the fentynal patch 75, I started at 50. I did not experience the nauseau perhaps because the first few days on the patch I was so relieved to not have pain. That was short lived. I had no initial side effects and even now they are not too bad. But when that 3rd day comes to change it I am a wreck, typical signs that my body is craving more than the patch is giving. This is my 3rd year on the patch, the only other meds I take are percocet for break through and ambien to sleep and maxalt on occasion for migraines. I am very careful to limit the heat (bad thing for the patch, even long hot showers are not good). I also limit my percocet. I take between 2-3 a day some days none, I have to be really cringing. I am used to pain but sometimes it gets too much, as I am sure you all know. The nauseau I experience is from percocet but a small amount of ice cream helps! Yeah for Ben & Jerry's. As far as the patch, it should be used only after other meds are explored. I have been on so many and so many discarded until the patch was used. I am lucky and do not get a "high" from it. It just helps me get through the day, well some days without pulling my hair out. Some of the drugs I have been through - Neurontin, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Zoloft, Amitryptilan and Nortryptilan, zanaflex, darvocet, serzone, and a bunch of others. Nothing worked for me until the patch but each person is different. Please use the patch with caution, read the pamphlets that come with the drug and search the internet for other info. This is not a drug to use uninformed.

Smiles - Septmystic
septmystic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Crazychris818 (10-21-2012)