View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
Mel, I have two of those ginormous speckled soup pots!

I can't really cook all that well, but everybody loves my soup. I make beef barley, garden cabbage or chilli and freeze it - lol I put it on the stove to heat, too.

Sometimes I make a big hobo stew and put it on the grill for parties.

I'd love to live around that guy, but I have SO much stuff now! I should be selling stuff out of my kitchen.

Kicker - I'm all about frugal. The best appliances I can afford, and take care of them. But cheap shirts, because I'm going to ruin them. Kids, cleaning, pets? No label or way of making them is gonna save them from my lifestyle!

And dresses - don't have em, where do I go to wear 'em?

I learned leather coats save money in the long haul for me, because I can wear the daylights out of them. Leather handbags too. They have to take a real pounding.

Ooooooh!! Look what I just found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gte8QwdOAcA&NR=1

This is the first time I have ever seen a Stand Up Mixer doing ANYTHING. My mother never had one. She instructs in the use of the Beater. I think she calls it that. Is this the same thing as a paddle. Will this do for my brownies and muffins mix. This is exactly what I want it for. i don't bake bread but I am learning how to bake a variety of things.

Melody
P.S. I 'm going to watch all the instructional videos. That's how I do stuff. I learn FIRST, then I buy.

lol

UPDATE::::: Just took a walk to my local Telco. They have the Hamilton Beach Stand up mixer. Beaters, wisk, and dough hook. All for $54.99. And my friend works there and gets a 25% discount on anything she buys.
So I can use the beaters for my brownies and muffins, yes??
This is going to turn out just fine for me. lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 12-12-2009 at 02:50 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote