View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 12:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Nicky,

Thanks for bringing up the subject. I am not taking Prednisone, but I have similar symptoms and have had them on and off for a long time. Is this related to MG somehow?

I have had an occasional minor rash and/or pimples...on my head, my chin or behind my ears is the usual place, but recently (since MG started) I have started to get a few bumps occasionally on my upper arms and legs and my face. I also have had two long dark hairs on my chin since I was 13. I have been to the doctor about this skin problem in the past and had lots of tests done with no results other than the assumption that these symptoms are related to allergies.

I did learn from my old doctor (this was about 7 years ago) that these skin problems might be due to having an abundance of yeast in my body, but not enough for the doctors to call a yeast infection. I don't remember too many details other than she recommended a change in my diet that included eating less sugar, this reduces the yeast in your body. It is worth looking into.

Now I am curious if there is something elso going on here. I have noticed that since I got MG these skin problems take longer to heal and that it happens more frequently. I guess it is time to go to the doctor again. It seems like with MG there is always another problem to deal with. I am tired of it.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (12-12-2009)