View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Desert,

Wow...It sounds like we have the same thing! I have them mainly behind my ears, around the hairline and on the chin. I also have 'hives' (very tiny tiny little itchy pimples on my upper arms and thighs). I've had these since I was very young.

It's funny that you mention yeast; I think that you may be right. As soon as I started taking prednisone, seems like my blood glucose skyrocketed. I had never previously been diagnosed with diabetes, but my doc. had given me a monitor to keep tabs on it in March as I was always thirsty and urinating like 15 -times a day, drinking like 10-large bottles of water. I also had problems with yeast infections often at various times in my teens and 20s. I know that yeast loves sugar, so perhaps this is the reason? I know that for some reason or another, MG and diabetes seem to be partners in crime (prednisone or not).

Thanks for the advise...I do drink tons of water and will continue to do so!

Edit: Wanted to add that my wounds heal very slowly as well. I started to notice this in May or so. I thought that it was possibly from plasmaexchanges, but my hemoglobin was practically normal at that time. I know that diabetes causes slow-wound healing. The soles of my feet having been burning a lot too lately, and I found out that I have denervation in my arms. Not quite sure what the denervation is from. It's scary. Oddly, I'm actually hoping it's from neuropathy of some sort as that seems like the lesser of the evils when it comes to what causes denervation. :S

ttys!
Nicky

Last edited by Nicknerd; 12-12-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (12-12-2009)