View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Been there... several times!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyS View Post
Hi Snowboarder13,

My daughter is 16 years old and has RSD, She has undergone Ketamine infusions with great results. I understand your frustrations and I read in one of your posts that you are 17 years old. Here is a way that you can get the word out. Take a moment to email Oprah, the Doctors on NBC, and other daytime shows. Send them your intro, explain what RSD is, tell them what you have told us. How this disease has robbed you of your young life, there are many young teenagers on this board and together you should write and let them know. They may listen to you, you are a child, I know you are 17 but you have more clout than adults when it comes to illness. There was someone on facebook, I believe she tried to get everyone to email Oprah on one day in July, with some success, I know there is an old post on neuro talks that asked everyone to email Oprah, maybe someone here can remember who it was that had the original post.

Remember Snowboard13, you are your own voice, this is your disease,
let them know...I have faith in you!

I am sure that we all can help, get it started. Good Luck.

Sandy
Sounds good right?! To e-mail Oprah, Dr. Oz, Dr. Show ..well I have done it several times... I even joined in the day we all committed to e-mailing together... No answer.. I think it is a "thing"... there is a reason why we get zero response and part me thinks it is because RSD is not a happy, shetchy.. disease with negative publicty... what I mean is that there is not a happy ending to present....I have given up as it falls on deaf ears...
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (12-12-2009)