View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 03:12 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz66 View Post
Hi again! I just started at a gym this week, like I said I was going to in my last post. =) I am a woman of my word! Anywho, I did a basic routine of bands (like in PT) and a couple sets of lunges; that was about @3 days ago. I feel like someone took a grater to my thigh muscles and the left side of my neck is really aching. I have done that little bit before and didn't feel this sore, but this is the first time since I have had RSD. Is this a normal reaction to exercise??!!?!? I can't believe how sore I am after so little exercise; MAN I feel old and I'm still in my 40's. I know, I know,.....I'm getting there.....a little too fast for my taste, though!! Ha! Anywho, any ideas on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Have a great one to all of you and God bless. I pray you all have a wonderful and painless day! =)

I think it's Wonderful that you're actually doing it! Not just talking about it!

I'd say, Yes, this is normal with rsd.
My first suggestion is, that you start slowly. Start with warm ups and stretching. Maybe for a month or so, until it doesn't hurt so much. It's really important.
'Exercise in the rsd world, doesn't usually mean 'strengthening', that's gonna hurt! ( do you have TOS or anything besides the rsd?)

Does your gym have a warm pool, that you can get in and 'resistance' walk?
I'd guess that would be your first real exercise. Many people here rave about it.

Then, before you shower and leave, perhaps a short stay in the hot jacuzzi?

I'd be afraid of those bands, especially to begin with...

Very happy for you!

Thanks!

pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suz66 (12-12-2009)