View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 03:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks, Pete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
I think it's Wonderful that you're actually doing it! Not just talking about it!

I'd say, Yes, this is normal with rsd.
My first suggestion is, that you start slowly. Start with warm ups and stretching. Maybe for a month or so, until it doesn't hurt so much. It's really important.
'Exercise in the rsd world, doesn't usually mean 'strengthening', that's gonna hurt! ( do you have TOS or anything besides the rsd?)

Does your gym have a warm pool, that you can get in and 'resistance' walk?
I'd guess that would be your first real exercise. Many people here rave about it.

Then, before you shower and leave, perhaps a short stay in the hot jacuzzi?

I'd be afraid of those bands, especially to begin with...

Very happy for you!

Thanks!

pete
Hi! Surprisingly, my arms are not what hurts. I have been doing bands in PT for quite some time now and they seem to be ok.....so far. Unfortunately, this place does not have a jacuzzi, but it does have an 82 degree pool and offer water aerobics...I know.....slow! Thanks for the encouragement. Good to know that this may be RSD.....even though unfortunate.....and not that I am just getting old! Ha! I do not have TOS that I know of, but I do have a degenerative disc in my lower back. I see a chiropractor regularly for that. I have allergies and sneeze alot this time of year, so the neck pain could be associated to that, I guess. ANywho, thanks for the response and have a blessed day.
suz66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (12-14-2009), Kakimbo (12-13-2009)