View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 04:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default patrck here ,Are you taking mestinon as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog lover View Post
Hi everyone,
I have been taking 40 mg of Pred every other day for several weeks now and have had wonderful results from it. Most days I feel almost like my old self!!! I have been lucky so far and haven't had many side effects from it however I am having TERRIBLE insomnia. I have always slept a minimum of 8 1/2 to 9 hours per night and now I am lucky if I sleep 5 or 6. As good as I feel my body is exhausted. It is such a strange feeling because no matter how sleepy I am it is like my body just keeps going. At times I feel like the Energizer bunny. I don't have trouble going to sleep, my problem is being able to stay asleep. I am usually in bed around 10:00PM and wake up about 1:00 and then again somewhere between 3:00 and 6:00 and cannot go back to sleep no matter how long I lay there. Do any of you on Pred have this problem and is there anything you can take to help you sleep? I do take 1 mg of Melatonin about an hour before I go to bed but that just isn't working anymore. Like I said I feel so good and feel like if I could get a good nights sleep I would feel great. I see my Neuro on Tues. and plan to talk with him about it but wondered if others have found anything that works. I know MGer's can't take most sleeping meds or sedatives but need some advice here!!!
I had the same problem but got neuro to reduce the mestinon dosage to 30mg every four hours now that the pred has kicked in .
Don't have to take sleeping tablet any longer
PMCPMC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote