Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My MG is mild to moderate, which is why we are opting for the thymectomy, hoping I will go into remission or at least have some improvement, since I'm only 26. It was a difficult diagnosis, since the only positive test that came back was one of the antibodies.

I am on 75mg of mestinon right now, and can only tolerate 15mg at a time, otherwise it knocks me out and i'm a major zombie for about 4 hours. we don't think the is the right dose yet, since i still have droopy eye some days. No other meds yet, I did'nt think there were many other options besides prednisone for 'flare ups'. I have been reading more about IgG, I didn't realize that was used so much on a regular basis.

fatigue is my biggest enemy, and i'm trying to find a pattern where i can work a fair amount (graduate school is unforgiving unfortunately).

Thanks for the thoughts, it really feels like I'm in this alone (except for my wonderful husband), as it can be so difficult to explain to others, and then they still don't always get it.

Kate
Woodfire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote